The Daily Prayer of the Hieroi: Prayer of Consecration

The Daily Prayer of the Hieroi

Prayer of Consecration

Ave
Via Deorum.
Iter Maiorum.
Dō ut dēs.
Fiat voluntas deorum.
Ave.

Ave Vestaria.

O Holy Mother of the Sacred Flame, Heart of the Hearth and First Mother of the Priesthood, Source of warmth, order, and holy continuity, I awaken beneath Your eternal light and offer to You this day newly given.

May the undying Flame burn brightly within me. May all that is unworthy be purified in its fire, and all that is good, true, and beautiful be strengthened. Cleanse my thoughts with wisdom, consecrate my words in truth, and sanctify my deeds in compassion, that I may enter this day rightly ordered in soul and steadfast in sacred service.

I honor the Deathless Gods, the Immortal Ones who sustain the worlds, whose blessings nourish life, whose mysteries deepen understanding, and whose presence fills all creation with wonder.

I honor the Blessed Ancestors, keepers of memory and companions of the living way, whose faithfulness prepared the road beneath my feet. May I preserve their virtues, learn from their failings, and add my own goodness to the inheritance of those yet to come.

Holy Mother, consecrate me anew.

Make of me Your hands of mercy, and make my heart a living flame.

Make my eyes swift to perceive suffering. Make my ears attentive to the spoken and unspoken cry. Make my lips speak truth, peace, and encouragement. Make my feet ready to go where compassion calls. Make my hands prepared for blessing, for healing, for offering, and for reconciliation.

Grant that I may tend the sacred rites with purity, lead worship with humility, guard the holy things with reverence, and teach with patience those who seek the Way.

May I preserve right relationship between the Gods and the people, between the living and the honored dead, between the individual and the community, and between humanity and the living world entrusted to our care.

May I welcome the stranger, comfort the afflicted, strengthen the weary, and remain near those whom others abandon.

May I carry hope without pride, authority without harshness, knowledge without vanity, and devotion without wavering.

Let me never seek honor above service, authority above compassion, or recognition above devotion.

May I remember always:

I am not master of the Flame, but servant of the Flame— its keeper, not its owner; its vessel, not its source.

If I encounter joy, may I give thanks.

If I encounter sorrow, may I remain present.

If I encounter conflict, may I become an instrument of concord.

If I encounter darkness, may I carry the light entrusted to me.

May I remain warm when the world grows cold.

Holy Mother Vestaria, Deathless Gods, Blessed Ancestors—

Walk beside me this day. Guide my actions, steady my spirit, and make my life an offering worthy of remembrance.

And when evening comes, may I return what I have received with gratitude, humility, and an honest account of my stewardship.

For all things begin in the Hearth, all things are sustained by the Hearth, and all things return to the Hearth.

Ave Vestaria.

Ave Di Immortales.

Ave Maiores.

May the Flame remain.

Ave
Via Deorum.
Iter Maiorum.
Dō ut dēs.
Fiat voluntas deorum.
Ave.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe as Narcissus: On the Collapse of Moral Responsibility

Liber Pontificalis: Sacerdos and Hieros: A Universal Priesthood for Unitus Panthea Religiones

The Sea-Worn Hands of the Deep: Navigating the Tempest with Poseidon and Amphitrite